Beginning at 12:01 a.m. Thursday for 2 weeks, Oʻahu might be beneath some other stay-at-home, work-at-home order to sluggish the surge in COVID-19 instances.
There have been 215 new coronavirus instances as of late, 201 of which have been on Oʻahu.
The brand new order is very similar to the statewide shutdown again in March. Simplest important staff and companies—grocery shops, banks, colleges—might be allowed to function. The order, introduced as of late via Gov. David Ige and Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell, may well be prolonged will have to triple-digit day-to-day instances proceed.
Right here’s what this implies from now thru Sept. 10:
- Non-essential staff will have to work at home. Non-essential trade can not permit staff to report back to places of work.
- Eating place can handiest be offering takeout. No dine-in provider allowed. Bars are nonetheless closed.
- Seashores, parks, botanical gardens, campgrounds and mountaineering trails are nonetheless closed. Other folks can nonetheless go parks and seashores to get admission to the sea for leisure actions comparable to browsing, solo fishing and swimming. (Workout is regarded as an important process.)
- Gyms, salons and golfing classes, which have been opened all over the ultimate Act with Care order, are actually closed.
- Town and lodge swimming pools are closed; swimming pools in condonimums can stay open.
- Faculties and childcare can function. Non-public faculty is closed to in-person instruction. (Public colleges are already doing this.)
- Non secular products and services are allowed to proceed, with restrictions.
- No social gatherings and teams will have to restricted to not more than 5 other folks.
- Out-of-state guests are nonetheless required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Any person touring from Oʻahu to Maui, Hawaiʻi and Kauaʻi counties are subjected to a 14-day quarantine upon arrival, too.
Violaters may face fines as much as $5,000.
“Everyone has to do their section,” stated Caldwell at a press convention as of late, refering to dressed in face mask, washing palms steadily and staying six toes except others. “We will do that.”